Learn about Crop Production with this specialist course.
Study agronomy in this useful qualification. Study three 100 hour modules by distance learning - Agronomy I, II and III. Then complete a 200 hour project.
- Learn about different crop types.
- Understand soil types - salinity, sodicity, alkalinity - and how to improve them.
- Learn about protecting crops from weeds, pests, and disease.
- Understand farming and harvesting of different types of crop.
- Structured learning develops your knowledge and skills which you then apply with a workplace project.
- Start the course at any time to suit you, study by distance learning.
- Work through the course supported by our expert tutors.
The course is suitable for -
- People working in agriculture or horticulture wanting to improve their knowledge of agronomy.
- Continuing professional development for those working in crop production.
The course consists of 500 hours of study made up of -
A 200 hour workplace project.
HOW THE PROFICIENCY AWARD IS ASSESSED
The Proficiency Award requires 500 hours of study. It is made up of three 100-hour modules and a workplace project.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the three 100-hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass three examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way. This includes evidence of work experience or other studies or workshops, a research project or completion of Workshop I.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us by one of these methods –
Click here to send us a message.
Call 01384 442752 (UK).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org