There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Tropical Plants
- Plant Cultural Practices
- Tropical Annuals, Perennials, Bulbous Plants, Bamboos and Lawns
- Ornamental Gingers and Heliconias (and Related Plants Including Alpinia, Hedychium, Zingiber, Musa and Costus)
- Cordylines, Palms and Cycads
- Climbers, Shrubs and Trees
- Orchids, Ferns, Aroids and Bromeliads
- Tropical Herbs, Vegetables and Fruit Bearing Plants, Including Bush Tucker, Tea and Coffee, and Tropical Fruit Trees
- Growing Tropical Plants Outside the Tropics
- Landscaping with Tropical Plants
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Explain the nature and scope of tropical plants.
- Discuss cultural characteristics that are often peculiar to tropical plants.
- Describe the taxonomy and culture of a range of soft wooded tropical plants including annuals, perennials and bulbs.
- Describe the taxonomy and culture of Heliconias and gingers.
- Describe the taxonomy and culture of palms and palm-like tropical plants.
- Describe the taxonomy and culture of climber, tree and shrub tropical plants.
- Describe the taxonomy and culture of orchids, ferns and bromeliads.
- Describe the taxonomy and culture of herbs, vegetables and fruits in tropical conditions.
- Determine ways to grow tropical plants outside of the tropics.
- Explain the use of tropical plants in landscaping.
Register to Study - Go to “It’s Easy to Enrol” box at the top of the page and you can enrol now.
Get Advice – Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE to contact a tutor
CLICK TO CONTACT US