Special Offer on our Leisure Management (Marketing) Course
Learn to Promote and Sell Leisure Services and Products.
- For those working or who want to work in the leisure industry.
- Improve sales and marketing of events, facilities, services and equipment.
- Takes this course for Professional Development, Business Training, Career Change or Enhancement.
- Course Duration: 100 hours of self paced study. Start at any time. Study where and when you want to.
The course is divided into 10 lessons as follows:
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Media Promotions
- Promotional Materials
- Managing Membership Levels
- Sponsorship & Fundraising
- Managing Events
- Managing Promotional Activities
- Delivering a market sensitive recreation service.
- To provide a basis for developing specific marketing related skills which will be developed throughout this course.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Develop skills in dealing with the media to promote an organisation or service.
- Coordinate the production of different promotional materials.
- Coordinate the distribution of promotional materials.
- Deal with client complaints in a recreation enterprise.
- Monitor membership base to ensure retention of membership.
- Initiate and manage relationships with sponsors.
- Explain alternative methods of raising funds for a recreation event or service.
- Manage special events.
- Coordinate activities designed to increase public awareness of an organisation.
- Deliver approval for different promotional activities.
- Manage delivery of a service by a recreation, sport or fitness organisation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS COURSE
The practical tasks you will complete in this course include the following:
Visit retail outlets to observe the marketing used for a chosen recreational product.
- Conduct a market survey, of a properly selected sample of customers, using a designed survey form, and obtaining at least 20 responses.
- Develop a marketing plan, based on market survey results.
- Develop a promotional campaign for a chosen recreational product of service. Write two press releases, for
recreation products or services, which you are familiar with. Suggest a plan for the distribution of this press release.
- Contact three different publications which advertise recreation services or products, and obtain information about how to advertise.
- Interview the management of a recreation facility (or people responsible for marketing).
- Investigate complaints within an organisation/enterprise in the recreation industry.
- Investigate the way membership is managed in two different recreation enterprises.
- Survey the membership of a recreation, fitness or sporting club, to determine attitudes towards services provided.
- Interview a sample of members and leaders/staff from one of each of the following types of organisations;
to determine reasons why people join these different types of recreation organisations.
- Contact your local government authority, and determine any legal requirements which relate to fundraising for non-profit community recreation organisations, in your locality.
- Investigate the market strategies for different types of special events, in your locality.
- Conduct research to determine different publications which may be relevant to the sports, recreation and leisure industries.
- Interview staff or clients of a recreation facility/enterprise with the aim of developing procedures to implement improved services for a specified facility.
- Go shopping. Take notice of how different sales staff communicate with you. Note the techniques that use (verbal and non-verbal), and how effective they are.
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
- To gain work or progress in the leisure industry.
- To improve sales and marketing in your leisure business.
- For Personal or Professional Development.
ENROL TODAY AT A SPECIALLY REDUCED PRICE
You can enrol on the course today at a specially reduced price. If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the course, please get in touch with our specialist Health and Leisure tutors today.