Recognition for Prior Learning application
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) APPLICATION FORM
If you have already learnt things which are taught in a course, either through previous study or work experience, you may be able to obtain credit towards your chosen course, eliminating the need to repeat material and thereby reducing the time taken to complete your course.
Credit can be obtained by completing a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Application form before commencing your course.
- To apply for RPL, contact the school for an RPL Application form. Complete the form and submit it together with photocopied documentation.
- A nominal fee of £40 is charged for Certificate courses or £60 for Diploma courses (for UK or European Students), to make a standard RPL assessment. A higher fee may apply for more complex submissions involving large exemptions.
- The RPL fee will be deducted from the total cost of your course, plus discounts for any exempted studies, upon enrolment. However, if you complete an RPL and choose not to enrol in a course, this fee is non-refundable.
- In order for credits to be granted for past studies, proof will need to be supplied that verifies the qualifications and experience of the people who taught you, and the number of class contact hours you undertook.
- Applications must be made before you commence a course. You cannot apply after you commence studies.
Download the RPL form (35KB)
After printing and filling out, please send to:
P.O. Box 4171, Stourbridge, DY8 2WZ, UK
In order for credits to be granted for past studies; proof needs to be supplied that will verify the qualifications & experience of the people who taught you; and the number of class contact hours you undertook. You must either supply
- a web site address that verifies these details (as well as your qualification), or
- a scan or hard copy of an official document that verifies such detail.
Note: Qualifications that do not prescribe class contact hours etc. in the accreditation system may not be considered unless the applicant provides such additional detail