Learn more about Office Practices - this newly revised and expanded course will provide you with practical office skills and techniques that can be applied directly on the job.
A good foundation in office practices is a great starting point for any administrative, secretarial or reception job. Employers are looking for candidates with the most skills and knowledge for their organisations. Improve your chances and learn the office basics. Once you have a general idea of how offices work and what kind of tasks are completed in an office, you will be able to easily slip into a position and grow on your knowledge with your new employer's culture.
- The newly revised course looks at traditional office practices and the options and impact of IT systems.
- Learn about office layouts, processes, equipment and much more.
- What types of equipment are most appropriate? The course provides clear and concise explanations in such areas as the operation of email and the internet, types of computer equipment and hardware.
- Know what types of equipment are suitable for different applications and why.
As ACS courses offer flexibility, you can study in your own time, start the course when you need to and study at your own pace.
- If you are new or returning to study, don't worry, our highly qualified and experienced tutors are there to support you every step of the way.
- Course duration: 100 hours of self paced study.
This course is comprised of 8 lessons:
- The Modern Office
- Communication Systems
- Interpersonal Communications
- Phone Skills
- Writing Letters and Other Documents
- Computer Applications
- Office Organisation and Procedures
- Health and Safety in the Office
- Determine the price range of different items of equipment and materials.
- Determine the upper and lower limit of what it might be likely to cost you to set up a new office.
- Design a memorandum form.
- Explain postal systems used in a business.
- Create a MS Access Database.
- Design a filing system.
- Design a work schedule suitable for a specific workplace.
- Design a security system that can be implemented in a work situation.
- Design a layout for an office situation.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
Here are just some of the things you will be doing:
- Make a list of essential equipment, stationery and other materials.
- Visit an office supply company.
- Collect catalogues or price lists for different products available.
- Compare the implications of having an office at home with leasing, buying or using a serviced office.
- Explain applications to use and apply the following office equipment:
- mobile phones
- Report on the range of systems covering:
- electronic banking
- mobile phones
- rail services
- Write a letter applying for a job.
- Write a letter from an organisation (real or imaginary) to another organisation.
- Ask your local computer supplier about virus removal software and hardware.
- Compile a table of 10 computer systems.
- What roles can computers play in business?
- Contact or visit various stationery supplies to find out about what materials are available.
- Write a report about how to design a filing system suitable for your area of work.
- Inspect various offices to see how they are utilising space and storage.
- Contact various suppliers of office furniture to see what furniture is available.
So ... Why should I take this course?
- This course is for those wishing to gain work in an office or for those who need to find more confidence to perform to their potential.
- You will develop essential knowledge and skills in the operation of an office, covering such things as the nature and scope of office work, office procedures, the home office vs commercial premises, communication systems, security and much more.
- The course is suitable to new inductees in an office through to those looking to gain wider knowledge to progress their career path.
- If starting a business, the course will give you pointers on critical areas such as file management, office layout, procedures and equipment requirements.
Register to Study - Go to panel toward top of this page (right column)
Get Advice - Use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE to contact a tutor
CLICK TO CONTACT US
Do you want to work in an office or improve your office skills - experienced office workers are always in demand.
Gain the skills and knowledge necessary for the operation of an office with this newly revised and expanded course from ACS.
- Ideal for people new to office work or those who want to refine their skills and knowledge on office practices.
- Develop knowledge and skills in office operations.
- Learn office procedures.
- The revised course looks at business and systems from those traditionally adopted to the development and impact of IT systems today.