Learn how to succeed in Project Management
There are many opportunities for good project managers. Project Management is a skill that can be learned and developed.
- This course will guide you through the necessary processes involved for good project management.
- Skills you learn in this course can be applied to any industry or any type of project.
- Course duration: 100 hours of self paced study
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
There are 9 lessons in the course. You will be provided with course notes and tutor support. At the end of each lesson, there is an assignment to submit to your tutor. You can also contact your tutor with any questions throughout the course.
Understanding what project management is, and what its applications might be.
- Project Identification
Identification and defining projects which need management.
- Project Planning
Developing a strategy and framework for the plan.
- Project Implementation
Managers duties during implementation, developing a Preparation Control Chart, Regulating Implementation
- Project Completion Evaluation
Dangers in this stage, Steps in Project completion, Declaring a project sustainable, Developing an evaluation method,
- Technical Project Management Skills
Preparing a proposal, budget control/management, steps in drawing up a
post project appraisal.
- Leadership Skills
Styles of leadership, leadership principles and methods
- Improving Key Personnel Skills
Listening skills, Negotiation skills, Conflict management
- Major Assignment
Developing full documentation for a project.
- Explain what project management is, and what its applications might be.
- Identify and define projects which need management.
- Plan a project.
- Implement a project.
- Evaluate a project following completion.
- Describe technical skills required to manage projects.
- Demonstrate project leadership skills.
- Identify and solve common project problems.
- Consolidate all of the skills and information from throughout the past 8 lessons, and manage a project effectively.
Learn to Manage Projects in any Industry
This course develops your ability to manage a wide variety of different types of projects, with relevance to any industry.
Almost everything we do in society can be described as a project, from organising a party or constructing a building, to developing a new business or introducing a new social welfare project. Project management as a skill and field of study is essential for successful organisational management. As a formal management function, project management is found in government, industry, and almost all other organisations. Project Management may be called any of a number of other names such as: Program Management, Product Management, Construction Management, and so on.
Project management as a field of action can often be seen in self help schemes or outreach programs. Whatever the objectives, project management involves a number of phases and skills which are essential to a projects completion. To get a better understanding of this process, the term "project management" can be further broken into "project" and "management".
So ... Why should I take this course?
- Develop your skills in planning, strategy, leadership, conflict management.
- Learn project planning and implementation.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Learn how to identify and solve project problems.
If you have any questions about the Project Management course or studying with ACS, get in touch with us today. You can phone us on (UK) 01384 442752 or (International) +44 (0) 1384 442752 or submit your questions to our specialist Business and Management tutors - they will be happy to help you.