Study this fascinating a unique course on marine life and aquaculture.
Working in marine biology is a dream for many people, but to actually work with marine creatures, you need the drive and vision to succeed. Taking a course in marine biology is an excellent starting point. This shows potential employers or volunteer organisers that you are dedicated, committed and willing to learn. It shows that you are committed to working with the field of marine studies.
- Study the different forms of marine animal life.
- Learn about marine ecology - ecological systems, weather, nutrient cycles, and more.
- Study marine plant life and understand their importance of plants within the ecological systems in the sea.
- Learn about the production and marketing of marine products.
If you would like to work in a zoo, marine park, sealife centre, safari park, aquarium shop, pet shop or learn about a mariculture business or similar, then this course is a great starting point.
There are three core modules and a workplace project making up this course.
Study three core modules –
Marine Studies I
Marine Studies II
Then complete a 200 hour Workplace project.
To complete this qualification, you are also required to complete a workplace project lasting 200 hours.
There are 4 options available to you to satisfy this requirement. The options will be different dependent upon whether or not you currently work within the industry. The project can be work experience, voluntary experience, a project you carry out, other training you have already undertaken and there are other options. Don’t worry if you are not sure how to proceed at this stage, as your tutor will be there to discuss how to proceed and help you every step of the way.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
HOW THE PROFICIENCY AWARD IS ASSESSED
The Proficiency Award In Marine Studies requires 500 hours of study. It is made up of three 100 hour modules and a workplace project.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the three 100 hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass three examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way. This includes evidence of work experience or other studies or workshops, a research project or completion of Workshop I.
THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING WITH ACS
- We offer quality courses - written and taught by experienced professionals.
- We provide full support to students - contact us at any time for full tutor support for the duration of your studies.
- Our courses are flexible - you can start your course at any time, and study at your own pace.
- The choice is yours - select from online or eLearning options - study where you want to.
If you would like to work in the field of marine biology and become an expert in these fascinating creatures, this is the course for you.
Improve your job and career prospects in this area of world. Learn more for your own interest or hobby.
If working within the field of marine biology sounds like your dream job, then why not get started and enrol today?
Choose the right course - choose your future. If you have any questions about the course, please -
CLICK TO CONTACT US