Study Nature Park Management with this exciting and varied qualification.
Working in a nature park may seem like a dream, but this course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to get started. Nature parks are important. They provide a space for people to get outdoors, to converse with nature, but they also provide a space where we can conserve and preserve nature. Knowing more about conservation and management of nature parks will put you in good stead if this is an area you wish to work in, or improve your job prospects in your existing career.
Would you like to work in national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, conservation areas? Then this course is the one for you.
The Proficiency Award In Nature Park Management will help you to learn more about:-
- The conservation and management of natural resources.
- Ecological systems - land, plant, and animal life.
- The provision of amenities for visitors and the human impact upon the environment and natural habitats.
- The marketing of nature parks.
- Identifying and managing potential risks and hazards.
The course offers a unique set of studies - in addition to the two Core Modules, students choose one elective from a wide selection - with the range of choices extending from wildlife studies, conservation, health and safety, ecotourism, and environmental assessment. A students learning is then brought together in a Workplace Project which, in addition to their existing knowledge, will focus on the knowledge gained through their studies. This completes what is a really exciting qualification that a student really can make their own.
Complete two core modules
Nature Park Management I
Nature Park Management II
Choose one elective module from
Animal Health Care
Introduction to Ecology
Marine Studies I
Workplace Health and Safety
Conservation and Environmental Management
Practical Horticulture I
Ecotourism Tour Guide
Complete a Workplace Project.
To complete this qualification, you are also required to complete a workplace project lasting 200 hours.
There are 4 options available to you to satisfy this requirement. The options will be different dependent upon whether or not you currently work within the industry. The project can be work experience, voluntary experience, a project you carry out, other training you have already undertaken and there are other options. Don’t worry if you are not sure how to proceed at this stage, as your tutor will be there to discuss how to proceed and help you every step of the way.
BENEFITS OF STUDYING THIS COURSE
The Proficiency Award In Nature Park Management is studied by Distance Learning. It assumes that you already have some knowledge or experience in nature park work, or within a similar field, but there are some areas of weakness in your knowledge or skills you would like to strengthen. Students come away with a deep understanding of how to manage, design, and improve nature park sites and facilities as well as brushing up on some specialist knowledge. The research projects allow you to focus on areas of interest to you so as to make it an altogether enjoyable experience. The course will have most appeal to people working in, or planning on working in, the following areas:
- Nature park management.
- Reserves and wildlife parks.
- Land management.
- Conservation and environment.
- Grounds management.
HOW THE PROFICIENCY AWARD IS ASSESSED
The Proficiency Award In Nature Park Management requires 500 hours of study. It is made up of three 100 hour modules (two core and one elective) and a workplace project.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the three 100 hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass three examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way. This includes evidence of work experience or other studies or workshops, a research project or completion of Workshop I.
THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING WITH ACS
- Our courses are written and taught by experienced professionals, so you know you can expect a high quality of teaching and support.
- You can start the course at any time and study at your own pace.
- Fit your studies around your own busy lifestyle - we provide full tutor support for all the time you are studying.
- Study where you want to - choose either our online or eLearning study options. These offer the flexibility for you to determine where and when you study.
Do you want to work in a nature park? Or improve your career prospects in your existing job? Do you want to be outdoor, working to conserve the world around us? Then working in a nature park could be the job for you.
Show your commitment and passion for environment and for the preservation and conservation of wildlife and get started. Enrolling on this course is a great starting point and you can start at any time to suit you. So why delay - enrol today!
If you need any further information or assistance in choosing the right course for you, please get in touch with one of our specialist tutors - use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE, please -
CLICK TO CONTACT US