Discover How Different Foods Can Affect Health in Different People
Some people seem to be able to eat anything, without suffering any signs of ill health. They always appear fit, never get sick, don't get over weight, and they still eat junk food and other things which others simply cannot tolerate.
The healthy body has a remarkable ability to process and eliminate unwanted chemicals. If a person is in peak condition, any excesses or unwanted components of food, are likely to be eliminated through the urinary or excretory system, or even through sweat. Very few people, however, are in such a good state of health; and even those who are, are unlikely to continue disposing of unwelcome chemical compounds year after year for their entire lifespan. Sooner or later their ability to tolerate undesirable foods will decrease, and problems will develop.
This is a stand alone module or builds on Human Nutrition I and II.
This course is divided into eight lessons as follows:.
- Problems With Eating
- Dental Problems
- Fibre and Bowel Diseases
- Different Ways of Eating
- Food Toxicity A
- Food Toxicity B
- Detoxification/Body Cleansing
- Consulting/Giving Advice
What qualification will I achieve for completing this course?
This is an individual module course. The individual module courses are 100 hour long usually and can be taken on their own or as part of a larger program of study.
If you wish to take an individual module course as a stand alone course, you can elect to sit an optional exam at the end of it.
If you successfully pass the exam and all assignments, you will receive a Statement of Attainment. You can take examinations at a time and location to suit you. If you enrol, you will be sent further information on how to arrange examinations at the end of the course.
If you do not wish to take the exam, you will receive a Course Completion letter when you have passed all assignments.
There is an assignment at the end of each lesson. So for example, if an individual module course contains ten lessons, you will need to complete ten assignments. Assignments can be sent to us via email, post or fax.
Other qualifications, such as certificates, diplomas etc may require examinations to be taken as part of the overall assessment process.
You can find further information on the examinations process by clicking on the “Enrolment” link above.You can find further information on other courses by clicking on the “Courses” link above.
- Explain different food related health problems.
- Determine the effect which different physical methods of food intake, can have upon health, including time and order of eating, and chewing.
- Manage food sensitivity problems.
- Implement procedures to avoid food poisoning.
- List food related factors which can have a negative influence on health.
- Distinguish between characteristics of the diets of two healthy people with diets of unhealthy people, studied by the learner.
- Differentiate between dietary and other affects, on the health of a specific individual.
- Explain the significance of cholesterol to health of a specific demographic group.
- Explain the significance of diet to cancer in a specified demographic group.
- Compare differences in physiological responses to different patterns of eating, including: *The order in which different types of food are eaten; * The time of day when different types of food are eaten; *The degree to which different types of foods are chewed; *The speed of swallowing; *The amount of time between eating different food types.
- Explain food combining principles, in a diet designed to optimise food combining principles.
- Plan a dietary timetable which optimises the ability of a typical person on a specified budget, to digest and assimilate food.
- Formulate a nutritionally balanced vegetarian diet.
- Formulate a diet compatible with a person's level of physical activity.
- Manage fibre in the diet.
- Manage diet to optimise dental health.
- Recommend a safe method of detoxification.
- Recommend a nutritional program to a client in a proper and responsible manner.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS