There's more to a Sports Coach than meets the eye
Sports Coaches have an integral role in communicating with many people such as family members, workplace employees, associated professions such as doctors, physiotherapists, sports psychologists and nutritionists and, in many cases, members of the public and fans. It is, therefore, a huge responsibility to work as a Sports Coach, but with responsibility comes REWARD.
Why Study Sports Coaching?
Sports Coaching is a versatile career path
- Work with amateurs or professionals
- Work with children or adults
- Work with people in need e.g. disabled, disadvantaged, elderly
Sports Coaching has versatile hours - think about the possibilities...
- You may work full e.g. at a sports club or school
- You may work part time e.g. working for different organisations
- You may start a small business e.g. offering after school sports clinics
- You may volunteer your skills e.g. for a local social sporting team
Sports Coaching is FUN
There are 11 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Sports Coaching
- Professional Standards and Communication in Sports Coaching
- The Coach-Athlete Relationship
- Training Roles of the Coach and Athlete
- Coaching Individuals
- Coaching Teams
- The Athletic Identity
- Children and Parents in Sports
- Amateur Vs Elite Vs Professional Sports Coaching
- Maintaining Your Motivation as a Coach
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Why study Sports Coaching with us?
This course will provide you with the fundamentals of what it takes to be a Sports Coach. In addition to the course notes, you will be provided with the opportunity to engage in tasks that will encourage you to enhance your learning. We like to think of this as “experiential learning” which may take the form of practical tasks, networking or conducting further research to develop and apply the knowledge you have gained from the course material.
Ready to enrol? Simply click on the green “enrol” now button, follow the prompts and enrol online.
Need help deciding? Click HERE to contact us for free course advice.