Study the care and farming of animals as part of a sustainable ecosystem.
- Learn about animal care and welfare as part of a permaculture system.
- Increase your knowledge on primary areas of sustainable animal care within permaculture systems - health care, welfare, breeding.
- Electives include Farm Management and Aquaculture Modules.
- Course duration: 1000 hours of self paced study.
The Foundation Diploma in Sustainable Animal Science comprises 9 Core (compulsory) Modules and 1 Elective Module, enabling students to study further in an area of their own interest.
The Foundation Diploma comprises 9 Core Modules as follows:-
- Permaculture III (Animals in Permaculture Systems) VSS106
- Sustainable Agriculture BAG215
- Organic Farming BAG305
- Natural Health Care For Animals BAG218
- Animal Husbandry III (Feed And Nutrition) BAG202
- Animal Health Care VAG100
- Animal Breeding BAG301
- Animal Husbandry II (Animal Health) BAG201
- Animal Husbandry I (Animal Anatomy And Physiology) BAG101
Students are to select 1 Module from the following list:-
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
To complete the course:-
There is an assignment at the end of each lesson. So if there are ten lessons in a course, there will be ten assignments.
At the end of each module, there is also an examination which you can take at a time and location to suit you.
To pass the course you are required to pass all assignments and exams.
Each of the modules mentioned can also be studied as a standalone course if you prefer.
Register to Study - Go to “It’s Easy to Enrol” box at the top of the page and you can enrol now.
Get Advice – Email us at email@example.com OR
Use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE to contact a tutor
CLICK TO CONTACT US