Study Animal Care and Behaviour with this exciting course. Increase your knowledge of the care and behaviour of animals.
- Core modules provide a broad foundation in animal behaviour and care.
- Elective modules enable students to tailor the course to their own areas of interest.
- Unlimited access to our expert tutors.
- Start at any time. Study at your own pace - where and when you want to.
The Advanced Certificate In Animal Care And Behaviour is suitable for anyone involved with working with animals or keeping animals, such as people working in veterinarians, animal rescue, zoos, wildlife sanctuaries, pet grooming, kennels, or pet owners.
The course consists of five core modules. You will study Animal Health Care, Pet Care, Animal Behaviour, Grooming and carry out a research project on an area that interests you.
You will then choose four modules to suit you and your interests. If you are unsure which module would suit you best, our animal studies tutors are always there to help you.
Animal Health Care VAG100
Pet Care AAG100
Animal Behaviour BAG203
Animal Grooming BAG106
Industry Project BIP000
Choose four from the following:
Animal Breeding BAG301
Dog Psychology and Training BAG221
Dog Care BAG105
Cat Psychology and Training BAG222
Natural Health Care for Animals BAG218
Starting Your Own Business VBS101
Animal Diseases BAG219
Aquarium Management BEN105
Animal Feed and Nutrition BAG202
Animal Anatomy and Physiology BAG101
Horse Care I BAG102
Bird Keeping (Aviculture) BAG108
Animal Welfare BAG224
Learn to Make Informed Choices
Pets should be properly matched with their situation. Many animals spend their lives in the company of humans whether it is as a family pet, companion animal, work animal or one trained to take part in sports. Many of these animals are loved and cared for to a greater or lesser extent by those people who keep them. In some cases however, those animals are not given the level of welfare which most of us would like to see. Sometimes this can be from lack of education with these animals, and sometimes human ignorance plays the part.
When owning a pet, or any animal, or deciding if there is a welfare issue, we should refer back to the five freedoms, which can vary slightly depending on location, but all carry the same intention.
It has been suggested by animal protection groups that all animals have a right to five things:
- Appropriate Food and Water
- Appropriate Living Conditions
- Prevention and Mitigation of Harm
- Expression of Natural Behaviour
- Appropriate Handling
When considering the well being of any pet, we must therefore ask;
- Is this animal provided with an adequate diet for the species, and fresh drinking water?
- Is this animal in any discomfort, and is the animal provided with the correct environment?
- Is this animal suffering in any way from pain or injury?
- Is this animal able to express normal behaviour, and is it able to express natural behaviours within its environment?
- Is the animal living in fear or distress in any way? Is the animal being caused any mental or physical suffering in the way it is kept as a pet?
By asking these questions, this allows us to assess the situation for all pets, or working animals, and decide whether their current situation is having a negative impact on their welfare.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
To complete the course, you are required to study nine 100 hour modules. There is an assignment at the end of each lesson. At the end of each module, there is also an examination which you can take at a time and location to suit you. To pass the course you are required to pass all assignments and eight exams. There is also an industry project to complete the course.
If you are not sure about going straight to the Advanced Certificate, you can study each of the modules mentioned as a standalone course.
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
- Provides foundation learning and speciality options for people working within the animal industry.
- Provides an ideal learning opportunity for those looking to start a business in pet or animal care.
- Provides a solid basis of knowledge for those looking to advance their career or develop their business.
Our animal behaviour and care tutors are happy to help with any questions you might have about the course, so please -
CLICK TO CONTACT US