Take better photographs!
- photographic equipment
- taking better images
- fault finding
- A solid foundation for improving your photography skills and an ideal course for a beginner.
- You will notice a difference in the photos you take and their impact.
- Course duration: 100 hours of self paced study.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
As part of the course, you will be given various tasks to help you to develop your knowledge and abilities in photography care. Along with these tasks, you will also be given a number of questions to answer at the end of each lesson. You are required to submit them as an assignment to your tutor. The 8 lessons which form the course are outlined below.
1. Origins of Photography:
- To discuss the principles those underpins photography and examine the evolution into digital technologies.
- To explain how photographic images are able to be captured on film or digitally. This lesson will also explain how photographic images are able to be captured by digital cameras.
3. Photo Equipment: Cameras
- To provide you with a firm understanding of how you can work at improving your capabilities with respect to taking photographs
4. Photo Equipment
- To determine appropriate application for a range of common items of photographic equipment and develop an understanding of how digital images can be transferred effectively from a digital camera
5. Processing/Developing Images
- Developing Different Film Types, Processing Solutions, Fixer, Developer, Stop Bath, Fixing, Washing, Wetting Agents, Drying, etc.
6. Enlarging and Photo Manipulation
- Describe the process by which photographic film may be enlarged. Also explains techniques that can be used to process digital photographs within a computer to achieve improved or changed images.
- To work more effectively with light when taking photographs.
8. Fault Finding
- Common Problems, and how to deal with them.
ACS student comment:
"I found it to be an excellent course in basic Film Photography. The section on exposure was very clear. I appreciate the diagrams and clear concise directions in developing and enlarging film. The staff were very kind and my tutor was very encouraging and always gave clear feedback. I was very happy with the flexibility of the course. I moved to a different country and was able to continue with the course."
Emma Day, USA. Introduction to Photography course.
... What next?
Register to Study - Go to panel toward top of this page (right column)
Get Advice - Use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE to contact a tutor
Learn from our experience.
CLICK TO CONTACT US
Learn to take better photographs with this introductory course from ACS
- A comprehensive introduction to still photography relevant to either film or digital photography.
- To complete the assignments you need access to camera. (Whilst any camera is satisfactory, an SLR is best. Your tutor can advise on buying a camera if you do not have one).