Learn the Basics of Forensics
- Define forensic science and its various offshoots.
- Describe the application of forensic science to the investigation of crimes and legal process.
- Explain crime scene investigations, different categories of evidence, and their collection procedures.
- Explain how different types of evidence are tested and analysed on site and in the laboratory.
- Explain the roles of individuals working in specialist forensic sciences and the services they provide.
- Understand theories underlying criminal behaviour in men, women and children.
Explain psychological disorders and how this can relate to criminal behaviour in adults.
- Explain how assessment and data collection is used in forensic
sciences, law enforcement and psychology to profile criminal offenders.
- Understand how evidence is presented in court and issues surrounding eye witness testimonies.
- Explain how ethical issues can influence collection of evidence, use of data and profiling.
Course Content and Structure
There are ten lessons in this course as follows:
- Nature of Forensic Science
- Forensic Science & Law
- Evidence Collection
- Analysis of Evidence
- Specialist Forensic Services
- Psychological Disorders & Crime
- Criminal Profiling & Intelligence
- Presenting Evidence in Court
- Ethical Issues
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the Introduction to Forensic Science course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
Each lesson includes set tasks, and is completed with an assignment which the student submits to their course tutor. The tutor will mark the assignment and return this to the student with comments and suggestions for further reading.
STUDYING WITH ACS
Quality courses - expert tuition - unlimited support.
At ACS we provide you with more than just a set of course notes.
Your 'learning package' includes:
- Course notes.
- Self-assessment quizzes.
- Assignment feedback.
You can interact one on one with a professional tutor with decades of experience - just email, phone or log on to chat to connect with them.
Our tutors are more than happy to help and advise you with any questions regarding the course. Please contact us if you have any questions at all.
If you want to know more about machines, how they work and how to maintain and repair them, then this is a great course for you.
Study when and where you want to. Why delay? Enrol today!
Use our FREE COURSE COUNSELLING SERVICE to connect with our expert tutors.
By Phone: (UK) 01384 442752