Learn about Robots
Although aspects of robotics are now part of our daily lives, from your automated vacuum cleaner through to asking your phone to set an alarm, modern robots are a relatively recent invention. Automatons, or “simple” robots without detailed programming and AI, laid the groundwork for current research and advances in robotics.
In this course you will learn about the foundations of robotics, including types of robots, their components, how they work, maintenance and possible applications.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
1. Types of Robots
- A Brief History of Robotics
- Types of Physical Robots
2. Robotic Actuators
- Mechanical Components of Robots
- Robot Movement
3. Robotic Sensors
- Types of Sensors
- Signal Processing
4. Power Supply & Control Systems
- Power Supply
- Control Systems
- Types of Robot Control Techniques
- Control Systems Used in Robots
- Configuration and Workspace
- Structure of Robots
- Configurations and Configuration Space
- Robot Brain
- Developments in Autonomy
7. Robot Maintenance
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Define a robot and discuss different types of robots.
- Describe different types of robotic components.
- Describe a variety of sensors used in robotics.
- Describe different options for power supply, and different control systems in robots.
- Explain the application of kinematics to robotics.
- Discuss cybernetics and its application to robotics.
- Determine maintenance procedures to be applied with different types of robots.
- Explain a range of different applications for robots in different industries.
Why Study Robotics with ACS?
With automated systems replacing many tasks previously performed by humans, and with many simple devices in our daily lives now featuring such technology, having knowledge of robotics will help equip your skill set for the future.
The ACS Robotics course will help you learn about the different applications of robotic components, and how these are maintained.
With ever more human processes being replaced by automated systems, enabling increases in productivity and within finer operational tolerances, it is important to understand the range of uses and applications of robotic componentry.
Our Robotics course is studied by Distance Learning, either online or by eLearning. Our highly experienced and knowledgeable tutors will provide you with the necessary support and guidance whilst you study.
Our courses are available for you to start at any time; simply head to the "It's easy to enrol" box at the top of this page and enrol today!