Study child and baby nutrition with this intensive distance learning course.
There are 10 lessons in this module as follows:
- Introduction to Child Nutrition
- Scope, Nature and History of Nutrition
- Effect of Culture and Family Background on Nutrition
- Importance of Nutrition in Early Childhood
- Basic Nutrients needed in a Child's Diet
- Key things to Remember about a Child's Diet
- Nutrition Tips for Children
- Nutrition for Pre-Pregnancy
- Pre Conception Diet: Maternal Weight, Maternal Nutrient Status
- Paternal Health and Nutrition
- Affect of Nutrition of Parents at Conception
- Making Diet Changes Pre Conception
- Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Early Pregnancy and Morning Sickness
- Tips to Help with Pregnancy Nausea
- Nutrition through Pregnancy, RDIs
- Caloric and Fluid Intake through Pregnancy
- Calorie Demands for a Pregnant Woman
- Foods to Avoid While Pregnant
- Hyper vitaminosis
- Pregnancy Complications that Relate to Nutrition (Neural
Tube Defect, Morning Sickness, Constipation, Gastrointestinal diabetes,
Hypertension, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Nutrition in Infants
- Formula Feeding
- Feeding for the first six months
- Starting on Solid Foods
- Adequate Vitamin C and Iron Intake in first year
- Progressing with Solid Foods: protein, dairy, finger foods, etc
- Nutrition for Toddlers
- Snack Packs, Small Meals, Meal Alternatives, Being creative, etc
- Nutrition in Childhood
- Caloric Intake
- Mineral Intake
- Vitamin Intake
- Encouraging Good Eating Habits
- Morning and Afternoon Snacks
- Packed Lunches
- Eating Habits
- Nutritional Concerns
- Scope and Nature of Nutritional Health for Children
- Healthy Snacks and Rehydration
- Anaemia or Iron Deficiency
- Dental Care
- Eating Disorders : Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating
- Fast Food and Junk Food
- Healthy Eating Behaviour
- Influencing Children's Eating
- Teaching Healthy Eating to Children
- Health Snack Ideas
- Childhood Food Sensitivities
- Food Intolerance
- Food Allergies
- Relevant Research
- Food and Autism
- Food and Child Behavioural Problems
- Diagnosing Sensitivities : skin test, blood test, diet
- Issues in Child Nutrition
- PBL Project: Develop a presentation to be given to a group
of families, where a child has been recently diagnosed with an
illness/disease of your choice.
- The purpose of the presentation is to inform families and
sufferers about the disease, and to provide clear, simple guidelines for
dietary intervention to improve health, correct the condition or
prevent deterioration in health.
- Childhood Obesity
- Cause of Childhood Obesity
- What is Unhealthy about Childhood Obesity?
- Guidelines for Child Weight Loss
- Diet Plans
- Special Nutritional Needs
- Childhood Diabetes
- Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
- Normal Eating Habits for Children
- Discuss the nature and scope of developing nutrition for children according to their backgrounds and needs.
- Explain the various nutritional needs of the mother and father before pregnancy .
- Explain the various nutritional needs of the mother and child during pregnancy.
- Explain various nutritional needs of infants from birth to age two.
- Explain various nutritional aspects of growing children addressing various issues and concerns.
- Identify concerns in the diets of children and adolescents and overcoming them.
- Lists ways to encourage healthy eating behaviour in children.
- Explain some of the common issues such as food sensitivities in childhood nutrition.
- Explain causes and guidelines to overcoming childhood obesity.
- Develop a list diet outlines for healthy children and special diet plans for children with special nutritional needs.
If you have any questions at all, please click here to contact us.