SPECIAL OFFER - Effective Greenhouse Management Distance Learning Course
Learn about -
selection of the right type of greenhouse
precise control of the greenhouse environment.
efficient greenhouse climate control
disease and pest control
greenhouse automation systems
Study by distance learning.
The course has nine lessons covering -
1. Types of Greenhouses
- Greenhouse Designs for Commercial Nursery Production
- Greenhouse Construction Methods and Materials
- What Type of Greenhouse is Appropriate for Your Nursery?
- Siting Greenhouses
- Greenhouse Benching
- What Can You Grow?
- Environmental Control in Greenhouses
- Computerised Environmental Control
2. Growing Systems and Equipment
- How to Grow Plants
- Measuring Conditions Inside a Greenhouse
- Environmental Control Systems
- Getting Plants to Flower Out of Season
3. Pest and Disease Management in Greenhouses
- How to Stop Pests and Diseases Entering the Greenhouse
- Detecting and Controlling Pests and Diseases in the Greenhouse
- Common Greenhouse Diseases
- Disease Control
4. Temperature Management
- Temperature Control in a Greenhouse
- Heating Systems
- Ventilation Systems
5. Water Management
- Greenhouse Irrigation
- Soil and Water
- When to Irrigate
- The Nursery Irrigation Program
- Plants and Water
- Equipment and Methods
- Maintenance of Watering Systems
6. Nutrition Management
- Irrigation and Nutrition Control
- Liquid Feed Systems
7. Managing Light
- Importance of Lighting in a Greenhouse
- Artificial Lighting
- Measuring Light
- Controlling Light in the Greenhouse
- Photoperiod Manipulation
- Growth Rooms
- Efficient Lighting Control
8. Managing Gasses
- Carbon Dioxide Enrichment
- Pollutant Gases
- Temperature Control Systems (Ventilation)
9. Automation and Robotic Applications for Greenhouse Production
- Automation in Vegetable Nurseries
- Compare different types of greenhouses to better match the plants to be grown inside the greenhouse to be built.
- Explain the equipment and
measuring devices (manual and automated) used inside a greenhouse to
help grow plants more effectively.
- Explain options for reducing the impact of pests and diseases on plants grown inside greenhouses.
- Detect and control the temperature within an optimal growing range for plants being grown in a greenhouse.
- Control water in a greenhouse, including irrigation and humidity.
- Control nutrient levels in a greenhouse at optimal levels for plant growth and health.
- Explain how light levels can be maintained in a greenhouse for optimal plant production.
- Explain how to best manage the air characteristics inside a greenhouse.
- Explain how greenhouse production can be automated.
Our tutors are happy to answer any questions. Click here to contact us.