Indoor Plants Course Now Available by Special Offer
Enrol now and also get six free eBooks
recommended by our tutors.
Course Content and Lesson Structure
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Plant Naming and pronunciation
- Review of indoor plant families
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part A
- Understanding interior environments
- Plants for different light conditions
- Problems with indoor plants
- Potting Media
- Potting up
- Container selection
- Managing plant nutrition
- Pruning indoor plants
- Propagation and caring for young indoor plants
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part B
- Acclimatizing indoor plants
- Helping plants survive neglect
- Managing plant health indoors
- Foliage Plants
- Growing palms inside
- Review of palm genera
- Selecing and Growing Ferns inside
- Review of other foliage plant genera
- Flowering Plants
- African violets
- Other genera grown for flowers indoors.
- Other Indoor Plants
- Making The Best Use Of Indoor Plants
- Deciding where to place an indoor plant
- Managing colour
- Using mirrors
- Plants in baskets
- Hydroponics indoors
- Miniature gardens
- The Interior Plantscaping Industry
- Interior Plantscaping Business
- Growing in Greenhouses
- Environmental control
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Any questions? Our horticulture tutors are happy to help. Please click here to contact them.
- Distinguish between different types of indoor plants
- Describe the cultural methods used for growing various indoor plants
- Evaluate a range of plants not commonly grown indoors for their suitability for interior plantscaping.
- Select appropriate plants for different interior plantscaping situations.
- Develop innovative ways of presenting plants for indoor situations.
- Explain the interior plantscaping industry, including its nature and scope.