ASSOCIATE DIPLOMA IN EQUINE STUDIES (VAG009)
Diploma in Equine Studies Course
Suitable for anyone wanting to work in the equine field.
- An in depth study of horses.
- A great way to find work in the field or to improve your existing job prospects.
- Study in your own time at your own pace.
- Taught by highly experienced tutors.
- A foundation qualification for a career at management or technician level in the equine industry.
Employment opportunities: Graduates may find employment opportunities in any horse industry establishment including stables, stud farms, riding schools, veterinary practices, equine supply and service organisations/companies, event management or race courses.
Equine Studies Diploma
- Become an Equine Industry Professional
- Start a business, get a job, advance a career
- Self paced, 1500 hour course -more comprehensive than most diplomas offered elsewhere.
Who Should Study This Course?
This course is suitable for -
- stable workers
- rescue workers
- veterinarians and veterinary staff
Anyone working with horses!
Why Study This Course?
- Studying this course will provide you with a detailed and thorough knowledge of horses.
- Use this course to develop your knowledge of horses or expand your existing knowledge.
- Understand more about the care and health of these beautiful animals.
- Improve your job and career prospects in the equine industry by demonstrating your in depth knowledge.
Follow your passion and start building your knowledge of Equine Husbandry and Science
Courses can be started anytime from anywhere in the world!
Meet some of our academics
Dr. Gareth PearceGraduated from the University of Nottingham in 1982 with a B.Sc.(Hons) in Animal Science. Between 82 and 85 worked as Research Assistant and Demonstator in Animal Science at the University of Leeds. Over more than 30 years he has furthered his studies, obtaining eight significant university qualifications including degrees in Veterinary Science, Wildlife Conservation and Animal Behaviour. Gareth has significant teaching experience around the world as a faculty member at eight different universities including Associate Professor at Murdoch
University and Director of Studies in Veterinary Science at Cambridge University.
He has over 100 prestigious research papers published, and enjoys an outstanding international reputation in the fields of animal and veterinary science. Cheryl McLardyA scientist, teacher, writer and animal scientist, with more than 20 years experience including: Sports Horse Stud Groom, Stable Manager, Yard Manager, Equine industrial Training Manager, FE Distance Learning Manager. Cheryl has travelled widely, working in England, Scotland, Australia and New Zealand; and is now based in Scotland. She holds a Bachelor of Science (Hons), Higher National Diploma in Horse Management, and a City and Guilds Teaching Certificate.
Check out our eBooks
Animal PsychologyExplore how animals think and comare how this differs between different animals (and humans) Horse CareThis book is an accumulation of information from biology, agricultural science and veterinary medicine. It looks to explore and explain the fundamentals of appropriate horse care aims and techniques. In doing so it will consider horsemanship as a combination of art and science. PoultryPoultry are entertaining as pets and life sustaining as a commercial product! Whether you are seeking a book as a beginner poultry keeper or if you are embarking on a new career in poultry production or management, this book is for you. Easy to read, easy to understand and packed with easy to implement practical advice. Know how to care for the health and wellbeing of poultry and make production a commercially viable enterprise. Animal HealthUnderstand animal health issues, diseases and how identify and manage illnesses and injuries.
Animals can become sick for many different reasons -diseases caused by infections, injuries, poisoning, genetic disorders, poor nutrition and other things.