Professional training in crop production and farm management
A foundation for planning your future in the crop production industry.
Crop production is a changing industry. The world's population increase shows no sign of slowing so new crops which provide improved yields from higher intensity plantings are in ever greater demand. Changes in climates and environment, in addition to developments in different crop types, have brought about changes to what crops can now be grown in what areas.
The Associate Diploma in Agricultural Crop Production has been carefully developed to provide a detailed basis of learning of all aspects of crop production, including the management of a farms resources. Students will cover a wide range of subject areas including propagation, biochemistry, soil science and irrigation.
Success Comes From Making Better Choices
- Learn about the management of farm resources.
- Develop your knowledge of essential areas of farm planning - from business plans, to strategies and whole farm planning.
- Learn about analysing and managing risk.
- Develop your understanding of managing physical and natural resources.
- Consider the production of crops which were previously not grown in the UK.
- Learn about irrigation systems and equipment.
- Learn about the science of soil and how this affects the development of your crops.
- Develop your knowledge of effective approaches to weed control.
- Learn the concepts, objectives and strategies of agricultural marketing.
- A flexible approach to study - we know that it can be difficult to find time to study. Our flexible approach allows students to start when they want and then study at a pace that suits them. During their studies they receive guidance and support from our highly knowledgeable tutors.
There are many difficulties to overcome in modern day farming; you have greater difficulties because:
- You are operating in a global market place.
- You have more choices about what you farm.
- You have greater opportunities to apply technology.
It also offers greater opportunities for all the same reasons, and also because:
- Global warming means different types of crops can be grown.
- Increasing population density means greater demand for crops.
- More people want organic crops and new varieties.
The Best Crop To Grow
Whether you are farming on a small or large scale, the best crop to grow does change from time to time.
In today's world, every consumer is always looking for "the next big thing" whether fashion, technology, food or something else. Demand will wax and wane for long established crops and opportunities will be revealed for crops that were unknown previously. With global warming the types of crops which can be successfully grown in the UK is changing. Already crop growers are experimenting with commercial production of pecans, almonds, olives, nectarines, peaches, apricots, kiwi fruits, wine grapes and guavas.
This course is relevant to all types of crops from mainstream broad acre grain and fibre production, to niche crops such as obscure herbs and fruits. Our staff have studied and grown both, and can show you the common concepts as well as the details that separate production of different types of crops.
Learn to produce grains and vegetables, nuts and oils for cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, and discover opportunities you might not have considered. Lay the foundation for an exciting future today.
Develop your knowledge to become an expert in crop production
If you want to become an expert in crop production, this course is an excellent option.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of agricultural production.
- Improve your own crops or improve your job prospects within the agriculture industry.
- Job opportunities in the agricultural industry are varied, so having a specialist qualification like agricultural crop production will show your knowledge in this area.
- Learn with industry experts and improve your knowledge, skills, job and career prospects.
To find out more, or if you have any questions, please get in touch with our specialist Agriculture and Crop tutors today.