Study fruit production in a temperate climate with this distance learning course. Advance your career or business in fruit growing.
- Learn about the fruit growing industry.
- Gain practical skills and knowledge in fruit production.
- Learn useful planning, management, and marketing skills.
- Learn from our courses - written and taught by professionals with extensive industry experience.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
The Proficiency Award In Fruit Growing (Temperate Climate) has a nominal duration of 500 hours of study. ACS Courses offer students the flexibility to start when they want to and to study at their own pace (perhaps fitting studies around existing work or home commitments). Full support is given to students throughout the period of their study.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
To complete the course -
There is an assignment at the end of each lesson. So if there are 10 lessons in a module, there will be 10 assignments.
At the end of each module, there is also an examination which you can take at a time and location to suit you.
To pass the course you are required to pass all assignments and exams.
Each of the modules mentioned can also be studied as a standalone course if you prefer.
Why Study This Course?
If you are serious about learning more on the subject of fruit production in a temperate climate, then this course will be ideal for you.
- Learn about crop selection as well as the appropriate systems for growing your fruit.
- Familiarise yourself with the principles of growing fruit for a commercial environment.
- Use the course as a basis to gain the appropriate experience to develop your own career.
- The element of practical experience in the course means you apply your newly developed skills before you complete the qualification – this means you have tutor supported experience before you embark on the next stage of your own business or your career path.
- The course covers all crucial areas in fruit growing, including what happens with your produce once grown – how it can be stored, marketed, and transported.
If you have any questions at all, our Fruit Production Tutors are more than happy to help. Please click here to contact a Tutor.