Improve your knowledge and skills in growing and harvesting nuts
- Learn about growing and harvesting nuts - develop sound approaches to planning and cultivation.
- For the enthusiast or commercial grower.
This course provides a sound foundation for growing a wide variety of
- Practical elements to the course will equip students with the confidence to apply the skills they have learned.
- Our horticulture faculty includes a dozen university trained professionals most with decades of industry experience.
Nuts are widely grown across the globe and used in a variety of products and food. Some nuts are edible, whilst others are not. Being able to classify and identify different types of nut is therefore important. Similarly the growing of nut trees requires plenty of pre-knowledge and forethought. Climatic conditions need to be considered - many nut trees are intolerant of frosts, whilst high winds can result in heavy losses to a crop. Likewise, physical location needs to be considered too as many nut trees require a lot of space to grow.
This course seeks to provide the commercial grower and enthusiast with the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully cultivate and propagate nut trees. From the essentials of good horticultural practice, through an understanding of soils and nutrition, to the harvesting and marketing of crops. With such a solid foundation of knowledge students will have the tools to enable them to move forward confidently in their career paths.
For enthusiasts and those wishing to pursue a career in the industry, this course is an excellent option.
The Proficiency Award In Nut Growing will provide you with a broad and detailed knowledge of producing healthy nut crops.
- Understand good horticultural practices – soils, nutrition, irrigation, and environmental considerations. Learn about choosing the particular type of nut to grow and how and where to site your nut trees.
- Are you looking to develop in a business or personal capacity? The course will provide you with plenty of skills and practical experience that you will be able to apply to both commercial and private ventures.
- The course will provide you not only with knowledge about nut growing, but it will give you the tools with which to plan and approach your chosen tasks with confidence.
Throughout the course you will be supported by our highly experienced and well qualified tutors.
Learn with industry experts and improve your knowledge, skills, and outlook.
Why delay? Enrol today.
Go to “It’s Easy to Enrol” box at the top of the page and enrol now.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE to contact a tutor.