DEVELOP A CAREER IN PARKS AND RECREATION!
- Municipal, National, Historic, Private Parklands
- Leisure Centres, Sports grounds, Resorts, Tourist Attractions
- Planning, Development, Maintenance, Management
Would you like to care and manage parks, natural parks, holiday and recreation resort facilities? Then this is the course to do. This course provides training for people to work in the management and development of recreation and park facilities and services. It is relevant to all types of situations including municipal parks, national parks, tourist parks, commercial landscapes, resorts, etc.
Qualifications are essential for furthering your career in Parks and Recreation, however there are many other things you can do to get ahead. These include:
- experience tips - unpaid or paid, experience is highly valued by future employers.
- networking tips - become a member of relevant parks networking groups and join website groups related to your field.
- membership - become a member of relevant groups in your field eg. a National Parks Association, or other professional body. This is another way to demonstrate your commitment to your career.
This course is going to give you exceptional insights into an industry that is dynamic and exciting to work in. You will discover opportunities you probably didn't even consider. Work opportunities extend far beyond just working in a parks department or leisure centre. The parks and leisure industry is a huge employer in most countries around the world, both in the public sector and private sector.
Some graduates may well find jobs in government operated leisure centres, sporting facilities or parks departments, that lead along a career path to eventually become a senior manager. Others may find employment in tourist parks, conservation reserves, or commercial operations such as tourist attractions, events management, fitness centres, zoos or amusement parks. Yet others will discover a whole world of business opportunities, to start and operate their own business providing facilities or services in parks and/or leisure.
Our tutors are more than happy to answer any questions, so please click here to ask a question.
Request a copy of our handbook here.