Advance your skills in the cultivation and maintenance of trees
- Add to existing experience or qualifications in horticulture.
- Learn about tree siting and selection.
- Learn about the physiology of trees and undertsand their requirements, and how to maintain them.
- Practical and theory based learning.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to work in arboriculture or increase their existing skills and knowledge.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
Course Duration: 500 hours.
Start Date: Start at any time - study at a pace that suits you, and with full tutor support for the duration of your studies.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
Each lesson includes set tasks, and is completed with an assignment which the student submits to their course tutor. The tutor will mark the assignment and return this to the student with comments and suggestions for further reading.
HOW THE PROFICIENCY AWARD IS ASSESSED
The Proficiency Award In Arboriculture requires 500 hours of study. It is made up of three 100 hour modules and a workplace project.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the three 100 hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass three examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way. This includes evidence of work experience or other studies or workshops, a research project or completion of Workshop I.
WHY STUDY WITH ACS?
- Reliable and long standing - we are an independent distance learning school, and have been established for over 37 years.
- Quality teaching and course materials - our courses are written and taught by experienced professionals.
- Flexible studies - you can start the course at any time and study at your own pace, fitting your studies around your own busy lifestyle and existing commitments.
- Choice - we offer a choice of learning methods - online or eLearning. This allows you to choose the most appropriate option for you, enabling you to determine where and when you study.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn extensively about arboriculture - improve your knowledge of trees and their care and maintenance.
- Gain a broad understanding of trees which will provide you with a depth of knowledge to determine how, and where to plant diffferent trees and what their long term requirements will be.
- The Proficiency Award In Arboriculture is suitable for those looking to work in arboriculture in a wide range of settings, from home gardening, to national parks, recreational parks, safari parks, council property and more.
- Promotion? By developing a greater span of knowledge than colleagues - this will be beneficial in your career development.
- Confidence. Armed with better knowledge, you will be able to advise on tree related matters with greater confidence.
- What could this course lead to? Starting your own business in arboriculture or training for a new career in the field.
It is important to choose the right course for you. If you have any questions, our horticulture tutors will be more than happy to help you. Please use our FREE COURSE CONSELLING SERVICE to get in touch with our horticulture specialists.