There are 9 lessons as follows:
1. Scope And Nature Of Garden Tourism
- Types Of Gardens
- The Place Of Gardens In Broader Tourism
- Who Visits Gardens Or Garden Events and Why
2. Garden Destinations
- Financial Viability
- Types Of Tourist Attractions - Places
- Garden Events
- Add On Income
3. Creating And Managing A Destination
- What Makes A Viable Garden Tourism Destination?
- Planning A Destination
- Locations, Regions, Countries
- Managing A Destination
4. Garden Events
- What Type Of Garden Event?
- When To Conduct The Event?
- Where To Conduct The Event?
- Finalising Your Plan
- Non-Garden But Related Events
5. Creating and Managing Garden Events
- Phase 1 - Preparation
- Phase 2 - Detailed Planning and Development
- Phase 3 - Evaluation
- Initiating A Garden Event
- Set Up And Pack Up/Knockdown
- Event Issues
- Managing Visitor Access
- Expo Stands
6. Garden Activities
- Creating The Concept - What Garden Activities Could Be Delivered?
- Planning Your Garden Activities - The Organisation
- Delivering Garden Activities
7. Garden Tours
- Why Create Garden Tours?
- Part-Day and Day Tours
- Creating Tour Packages
- What Comes Next?
- Self-Guided Tours
8. Conducting Garden Tours
- What Are You Featuring?
- The Logistics Behind The Tour
- Delivering The Tour
- At The End Of The Tour
9. Marketing Garden Tourism
- Getting Started
- Marketing And Communication Approaches
- Virtual Tours
- The Marketing Cycle
- Discuss the significance of gardens and gardening to tourism.
- Identify the nature and scope of destinations that a garden traveller might consider visiting when travelling.
- Determine, plan, develop and manage viable garden tourism destinations.
- Determine the viability of a garden event and its components.
- Explain how a gardening event can be successfully created and managed.
- Explain the organisation and delivery of a range of gardening activities, in the context of garden tourism.
- Explain how to plan garden tours.
- Explain how to conduct a garden tour.
- Determine effective marketing strategies for different garden tourism products.