Work with reptiles and amphibians - learn to manage and understand their habitats.
Would you like to work with reptiles or amphibians? You might think this is not possible, but many people do. What not make your passion for herpetology into your dream job? Herpetology is the study of amphibians and reptiles. This course looks at herpetology, wildlife management and zookeeping.
Many people work within the field of herpetology, such as in
- wildlife parks,
- nature parks,
- petting zoos,
- pet shops,
- journalism, writing about specialist topics such as herpetology,
- and more..
If you would like to learn more about amphibians and reptiles for your own interest or you would like to work in this exciting and rewarding field, this course blends distance learning and work based research and/or practice.
This course requires 500 hours of study.
To complete the course you are required to complete three core modules of - Herpetology, Zookeeping, Wildlife Management and a 200 hour industry project/work based experience. Find out more below.
To complete this qualification, you are also required to complete a workplace project lasting 200 hours.
There are 4 options available to you to satisfy this requirement. The options will be different dependent upon whether or not you currently work within the industry. The project can be work experience, voluntary experience, a project you carry out, other training you have already undertaken and there are other options. Don’t worry if you are not sure how to proceed at this stage, as your tutor will be there to discuss how to proceed and help you every step of the way.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
HOW THE PROFICIENCY AWARD IS ASSESSED
The Proficiency Award In Herpetology, Wildlife Management And Zookeeping requires 500 hours of study. It is made up of three 100 hour modules and a workplace project.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the three 100 hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass three examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way. This includes evidence of work experience or other studies or workshops, a research project or completion of Workshop I.
THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING WITH ACS
- Benefit from our experience - Our courses are written and taught by experienced professionals, so you know you can expect a high quality of teaching and support.
- Start at any time - You can start the course at any time and study at your own pace.
- You choose when to study - Fit your studies around your own busy lifestyle. We provide full tutor support for all the time you are studying.
- Flexible studying - Study where you want to. Our study options offer the flexibility for you to determine where and when you study.
IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Do you love reptiles and amphibians?
- Do you want to work or volunteer within the field of herpetology?
- Would you like to put your passion for these fascinating creatures into action?
- Do you want to write about these wonderful creatures?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then this course is the one for you. Having a passion for reptiles and amphibians is just the start. With this course, you will be provided with detailed knowledge in herpetology, wildlife and zookeeping. A great way to pave your career in this exciting field.
WHAT'S STOPPING YOU?
If working with reptiles and amphibians is a job you would love, why delay? Enrol today.
We understand how important it is to choose the right course - if you have any questions, talk to us. Our tutors are more than happy to answer any questions about this herpetology course and any other courses we offer. If you have any questions, please:-
CLICK TO CONTACT US