Hydroponics and Horticultural Technology Course - Online Course
Hydroponics was obscure and almost unheard of until the late 20th century.
Today it is a significant and expanding sector of the horticulture industry; offering lucrative opportunities in many branches of production horticulture. Hydroponic farming can be costly to set up; but it can also be conducted in places where other horticultural options are difficult; and it has the potential to provide much higher returns per acre than any other form of horticulture.
Comment from a Student -"Horticultural management and hydroponics"" Having completed the Advanced Hydroponics Course, I have since gone on to open my own successful hydroponics retail shop, now in it's third year of trading" - Ted
In Summary Hydroponics involves:
- Less land but more produce per acre
- More technology, more equipment, but less water, less need for chemical pest control and less waste products
- Growing plants for more of the year; but a need to watch your plants more closely
- Growing without soil means you can grow in cities, in otherwise unusable areas -and often closer to the end user (which means less transport costs)
Duration – 900 Hours, self pace learning
The course is studied by distance learning and you can start at any time to suit you.
This Advanced Certificate involves three areas of work:
- CORE STUDIES - four units of compulsory subjects for all students.
- ELECTIVE STUDIES - three stream units for the development of knowledge in the chosen specialisation or industry sector.
- PROJECT - a "management in the workplace project" of 200 hrs involving approved work experience in a small business. The project specifically aims to provide the student with the opportunity to apply and integrate skills and knowledge developed through various areas of formal study.
HYDROPONIC MANAGEMENT (Hydroponics II)
Alternatively you may negotiate to take swap one or at most two of the core or stream modules for a different course as your third module; such as:
PROTECTED PLANT PRODUCTION
GREEN WALLS AND ROOFS
Our tutors are more than happy to help. Click here to contact a horticulture and hydroponics tutor.