Photoshop Home Study Course
- Understand photoshop
- Learn to create images and art work for use in print, web and email forms.
- Study in your own home and at your own pace.
The course is divided into 9 lessons as follows:
1. Learning the menus: This lesson will familiarize the student with all of the main menu options and their basic functions.
2. Working with digital image files: This lesson provides an overview of the major digital file types, as well as how to resize an image and save from one file type to another.
3. Understanding the Tool Palette: This lesson teaches the student the various uses of the major Photoshop tools for creating and manipulating artwork, photos and digital compositions.
4. Using Layers, Actions and History: This lesson explores the capabilities of the Photoshop Layers palette, which is the foundation of why Photoshop is such a powerful creative tool.
5. Digital painting, shapes and colours: This lesson begins to explain the basic concepts of colour. The lesson continues by walking the student through a “How-to” guide to creating simple original artwork.
6. Selecting, Resizing, Transforming and Masking: This lesson explores the tools available for manipulating and transforming various components of an image or composition.
7. Adjustments and modifications: This lesson lists the steps required to improve the quality of an image by applying adjustments and modifications.
8. Adding Filters and Styles: This lesson will focus on the various styles and effects that can be applied to an image or composition.
9. Preparing files for print and web: This lesson will list the steps required to prepare the finished files for use in print, web, or email.
During the course, the student will learn how to:
- Open digital files using Photoshop
- Resize images and save them in multiple file formats
- Create original graphics using the Photoshop tools
- Manipulate individual elements of a graphic composition or image
- Improve the quality of an image by applying modifications
- Apply interesting filters and effects to images or compositions
- Prepare files for the web, print or email.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS COURSE?
During the course, the student will:
- Learn the major menu options and what they mean
- Open and save files in different formats and learn what the differences are
- Scan or download photos from a digital camera and edit them
- Prepare images for email
- Use the major Photoshop tools and improve understanding of how graphics are created
- Create multiple layered compositions and explore movement and position
- Understand colour
- Create original graphics and artwork
- Add exciting effects to images
- Format files for the web and print
Photoshop has been a standard software tool for processing digital images, for a long time. As with all software, Photoshop software is constantly being updated, sometimes as often as monthly; but once you learn the concepts and techniques of one version; you then have an excellent foundation for working with any version.
The purpose of this course is to teach you the fundamentals of Photoshop, so you can apply your skills and knowledge to any version.
This course was originally developed based upon a version over fifteen years ago. It has periodically been updated; but given the frequency of updates, there may well be things that you encounter which are different to the version you work with. Our staff however, do work with Photoshop routinely; and are able to answer questions and help you whenever you do encounter discrepancies.
Register to Study - Go to “It’s Easy to Enrol” box at the top of the page and you can enrol now.
Get Advice – Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE to contact a tutor
CLICK TO CONTACT US