Photographing People - learn the approaches, techniques and endless options to photographing the human subject.
Although portraiture is an important part of photographing people, it is only a part of a much bigger part of people photography.
- A photographic portrait focuses on the person and attempts to convey an image of what or who the person is, whether physically, or perhaps spiritually or emotionally. But people can also be photographed in other ways, where the focus might not be the individuals being photographed, but the social or cultural context (fashion, news events, sporting events etc.) or their relationship to the scene in which they are placed.
- This course is designed to help you develop your ability to take better and more visually expressive photographs of people.
There are 10 lessons in the Photographing People course, as follows:
- Photography and Human Subjects
- Equipment and Materials for Photographing People
- The Basic Techniques
- Wedding Photography
- Candid Photography
- Nude Photography
- Sports, Street & Action Photography
- Fashion Photography
- Folio Project
Course Duration: 100 hours.
- Identify resources that could improve your ability to photograph people, examining the principles of photography and also exploring the issues related to digital photography.
- Discuss the preparation for a photo shoot by exploring the different equipment and materials needed for a successful shoot. Also examine lighting a subject within a studio setting and explores digital photography issues
- Discuss techniques used for taking photos of people
- Improve your ability to shoot better portraiture photographs.
- Explain the issues and applications concerned with wedding photography.
- Take better candid photos of people.
- Describe how to take appropriate nude photos for different situations.
- Describe how to take action photos of people.
- Describe how to take better glamour and fashion photos.
- Compile a folio of people photography.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
Each lesson includes set tasks, and is completed with an assignment which the student submits to their course tutor. The tutor will mark the assignment and return this to the student with comments and suggestions for further reading.
STUDYING WITH ACS
Quality courses - expert tuition - unlimited support.
At ACS we provide you with more than just a set of course notes.
Your 'learning package' includes:
- Course notes.
- Self-assessment quizzes.
- Assignment feedback.
- You can interact one on one with a professional tutor with decades of experience - just email, phone or log on to chat to connect with them.
Enrolling is easy - just select your payment option and study method - choose the online option for a 5% discount on the course cost.
Our tutors are more than happy to help and advise you with any questions regarding the course. Please contact us if you have any questions at all.
Develop your skills and technique for taking photographs of people - start your own business in photography - sports events, weddings, portraits and more. Study to know more about photography and enjoy your own hobby more. Study in your own home and learn more about photographing people. Why delay? Get started today.
Use our FREE COURSE COUNSELLING SERVICE to connect with our expert tutors.
By Phone: (UK) 01384 442752
Stay in touch, follow us on