Study Industrial Psychology Online
- Get the best staff by learning more about good recruitment practice and management of staff.
- Find out more about how to supply an effective work environment to get the best performance from your staff.
- This course is essential for anyone involved in management and recruitment of staff and getting the best and happiest workforce!
- The course is suitable for managers, supervisors, human resources staff, trainers, counsellors, business people and anyone working with staff.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
Course Duration: 100 hours.
Start Date: Start at any time - study at a pace that suits you, and with full tutor support for the duration of your studies.
Lessons: The course comprises 10 lessons as detailed, below.
Lesson 1. Introduction
- Free Will versus Determinism, Developmental and Interactive Expressions of Behaviour, NATURE versus NURTURE, Influence of Environment on Learning Behaviour, Modelling and Conformity, Conditioning involves Certain Environmental Factors which Encourage Learning to Take Place, Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning, Reinforcement & Punishment.
Lesson 2. Understanding the Employees Thinking
- Sensation and perception, thinking and day dreaming, the Gestalt approach, unconscious and conscious psychic elements. explaining behaviour, knowledge of brain processes, personal interpretation of a given situation, instinct.
Terminology including: Mating, Curiosity, Maternal, Acquiring, Repulsion, Constructiveness, Rivalry, Laughter, Fighting, Walking, Swallowing, Play, Imitation, Sleep, Modesty, Domineering, Religion, Self Asserting, Sneezing, Thirst, Cleanliness, Workmanship, Parenting, Food seeking, Flight, Collecting, Sympathy.
Lesson 3. Personality & Temperament
- Mature & immature temperaments (e.g. Sanguine, Melancholic, Choleric, Phlegmatic), emotional types, fear, intelligence, knowledge, deviation, etc.
Lesson 4. Psychological Testing
- The Application Form; Psychological Test; The Interview; Intelligence Tests; Laws of Learning; Devising Tests; Selecting Appropriate Tests.
Lesson 5. Management & Managers
- Qualities of Managers, Understanding morale, discipline, training, etc.
Lesson 6. The Work Environment
- Noise, Space, Light, Temperature, Speed of Work, etc. Accidents, Breakages, Fatigue etc.
Lesson 7. Motivation and Incentives
- Maslow's model of self-actualisation, Security, Money, Ambition, Companionship, Social reinforcement, Labour wastage, etc.
Lesson 8. Recruitment
- Ways of seeking applicants, types of interview, ways of selecting staff.
Lesson 9. Social Considerations
- Group Behaviour, Conformity, Industrial Groups, The Hawthorne Effect.
Lesson 10. Abnormalities and Disorders
- Psychosis Neurosis Personality Disorders, Variance, Partial Disability (e.g. arm, leg injuries; epilepsy, digestive disorders etc.), The Psycho Neurotic.
- Discuss basic concepts that may be relevant to understanding industrial psychology.
Identify similarities and differences that occur in the way different employees perceive their workplace.
- Discuss the effect of personality and temperament upon industrial psychology.
Identify applications for psychological testing in industrial management.
- Discuss the psychology of management
- Identify ways that the work environment might impact upon the psychology of people in a workplace
- Explain how motivation influences work productivity.
- Discuss the application of psychology to recruitment.
- Explain the impact of social factors upon work productivity.
- Discuss the significance of psychological disorders or abnormalities in a workplace
HOW TO UNDERSTAND AN INDUSTRIAL SITUATION BETTER
Occupational psychology uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to gather data and address areas of interest in the workplace.
Most often a combination of techniques is used. The types of methods used will be determined by what information is sought. For instance, if it is a training needs assessment then the focus will be narrower, perhaps focusing on a specific purpose. If it is an organisational needs assessment then the focus will be on organisational operations and processes. Also, the type of data gathered and techniques used will vary according to the specific organisation, its focus, area of work, and specific work environment.
There are two main areas of an occupational expert's concerns: the employee and the organisation.
Occupational psychology may help address individual employee problems relating to a range of concerns, for instance:
- Emotional concerns.
- Lifestyle issues.
- Marital or relationship problems.
- Job changes.
- Job satisfaction.
- Arranging training.
- Matching skills to roles.
They may also address organisational issues such as:
- Problems in the physical working environment.
- Adaptation to change.
- Motivation and incentive systems.
- Poor productivity and staff motivation.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
Each lesson includes set tasks, and is completed with an assignment which the student submits to their course tutor. The tutor will mark the assignment and return this to the student with comments and suggestions for further reading.
Your 'learning package' with ACS includes:
- Course notes.
- Self-assessment quizzes.
- Assignment feedback.
- You can interact one on one with a professional tutor with decades of experience - just email, phone or log on to chat to connect with them.
- Depending upon your course, your studies may involve independent research, interviews, practical exercises, assessments, Problem Based Learning projects, and more.
WHAT DO OUR STUDENTS SAY?
"Very much valuable [learning experience]. The course is designed in a manner that learning is not limited. I am gaining lot of knowledge through the course. The assignments are really good as it help the students to think out-of-the box and answer. I am very happy doing this course as I am gaining a lot of insight. Also, professionalism and the support being extended by my tutor and admin. team (Elaine and team) is really great and I am thankful to them."
C.V. Lakshmi, India, Industrial Psychology course.
THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING WITH ACS
- Our courses are written and taught by experienced professionals, so you know you can expect a high quality of teaching and support.
- You can start the course at any time and study at your own pace.
- Fit your studies around your own busy lifestyle - we provide full tutor support for all the time you are studying.
- Study where you want to - online studies offer the flexibility for you to determine where and when you study.
MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE
You can enrol today - just go to the "It's easy to enrol" box at the top of this page.
Choosing the right course and the right options is important. If you have any questions, please get in touch with our Psychology tutors using our FREE COURSE COUNSELLING SERVICE. They will be more than happy to any questions you may have.
You can also contact us now, by
Phone (UK) 01384 442752 or (International) +44 (0) 1384 442752, or
Email us at email@example.com.