Study Agronomy with this Certificate from ACS - learn about the factors of successful crop production and harvesting.
- Learn about crop production and the differences in production for livestock and human consumption.
- Learn about different crop production methods.
- Understand soil types and sustainable approaches to soil management.
- Learn about land degradation and other soil problems.
- Learn about properties of soils and plant nutrition.
- Start at any time - fit your studies around your existing commitments.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
- Course Duration: 600 hours.
- Start Date: Start at any time - study at a pace that suits you, and with full tutor support for the duration of your studies.
- Content: Study 3 Core Modules, and then choose 3 Elective Modules.
The Core Modules focus on Agronomy studies, whilst the Elective Modules enable the student to specialise in areas such as soil management and irrigation.
The Modules are summarised, below. Please follow the links in the Module titles to access the respective pages for each.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
Each lesson includes set tasks, and is completed with an assignment which the student submits to their course tutor. The tutor will mark the assignment and return this to the student with comments and suggestions for further reading.
HOW THE CERTIFICATE IS ASSESSED
The Certificate In Agronomy requires around 600 hours of study. This is made up of six 100-hour modules (3 Core Modules plus 3 Elective Modules).
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the six 100-hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass six examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
This qualification is accredited by IARC (International Accreditation and Recognition Council).
THE LEARNING PACKAGE FROM ACS
At ACS we provide you with more than just a set of course notes.
Your 'learning package' includes:
- Course notes.
- Self-assessment quizzes.
- Assignment feedback.
- You can interact one on one with a professional tutor with decades of experience - just email, phone or log on to chat to connect with them.
- Depending upon your course, your studies may involve independent research, interviews, practical exercises, assessments, Problem Based Learning projects, and more.
WHY CHOOSE ACS
- Quality - our courses are developed and tutored by experienced professionals, with real world experience.
- Relevant - our courses are relevant to today's world, with teaching that you can apply to real life situations.
- Independent - ACS were established in 1979 and remain an independent distance learning school, meaning we remain fully focused on the development and teaching of our students.
- Flexible - our courses can be started at any time and studied at your own pace, therefore fitted around your existing commitments.
- Choice - other than offering a wide range of courses in a multitude of disciplines, we provide the options of either online studies or eLearning - you choose the option which best suits you, so you can determine where and when you study.
OUR STUDENTS SAY
We invite feedback from our students; follow the link to view Student Testimonials.
"I have found the course material to be comprehensive and informative and have learnt a lot and really enjoyed my year of study. The office staff at ACS have always been helpful and efficient and quick to respond to requests or queries. My tutor, Adriana, was encouraging and supportive, as well as being really thorough in the way she marked my assignments. I had not studied for 20 years ... and the feedback and reassurance I received from my tutor made all the difference."
Katherine Parry - Horticulture Course
- Learn about growing different crops - learn about managing soils, crop scheduling, harvesting and much more.
- Study by distance learning - fit your studies around your work.
- Improve your job and career prospects in agriculture and agronomy
- Gain specialist knowledge of agronomy
- Improve your agricultural skills
Why delay? Get started today.
- It's easy to enrol - just go to the box at the top right-hand side of this page, select your study method and payment options.
Our Agronomy tutors are happy to help with any questions about the course, so please ask.