Manage or Supervise Within the Nursery Industry.
This course is a must for any serious student in this field!
- This course trains managers or supervisors rather than workers.
- The course has been written to teach horticulture in a way that is relevant to all parts of the world. It puts aside regional techniques, and teaches you principles and concepts that can be applied anywhere.
- There are 7 units plus a 200 hour workplace project in this course. These are the 4 core units common to all streams of this Advanced Certificate (plus three specialist units of study relating to the management and operation of a retail nursery).
Course Structure and Content
This course is comprised of:
Core Studies - Four units (400 hours) of compulsory subjects for all students.
Stream Studies – Three stream units for the development of knowledge in a chosen industry sector.
Project - Elective Modules – Students are to complete a workplace project of 200 hours relevant to their field of study. The
project specifically aims to provide the student with the opportunity to
apply and integrate skills and knowledge developed through various
areas of formal study.
How The Advanced Certificate Is Assessed
The Advanced Certificate In Applied Management (Retail Nursery) requires approximately 900 hours of study. It is made up of seven 100 hour modules and a workplace project lasting 200 hours.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the seven 100 hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass seven examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way.
Why Study With ACS
- Our courses are written and taught by experienced professionals, so you know you can expect a high quality of teaching and support.
- You can start the course at any time and study at your own pace.
- Fit your studies around your own busy lifestyle - we provide full tutor support for all the time you are studying.
- Study where you want to - online or eLearning (USB Memory Stick) options of study offer the flexibility for you to determine where and when you study.
The Benefits Of Studying This Course
This is an extremely comprehensive course. Through the Stream Studies, it covers a relevant selection of horticulture based modules under the elective component, but being a management based course the key focus in the Core Studies is on developing a thorough understanding of how to run a business and promote it. The Project - Elective element of the course applies a students learning in real world situations through research, work experience or other such activity. This both strengthens what they have learned and expands their awareness and builds a greater relevance into the whole course.
Who Is This Course For?
The Advanced Certificate In Applied Management (Retail Nursery) will appeal to owners and operators of nurseries as well as to key staff in those operations.
- Take this course to bring success to a retail nursery or related business.
Those completing this course are likely to be working or looking to work in the following fields:
- Nursery and Propagation.
- Nursery Management.
- Horticulture Management.
- Supervisory and Foreman roles.
- Retail Nursery owner/operator.
- Market Gardening.
- Crops Management.
- Hydroponics Management
Any Questions About the Course?
Connect with our expert tutors, use our FREE COURSE COUNSELLING SERVICE.