Become a Turf Expert!
Would you like to become a turf expert? This course can enable you to become an expert, improving your existing job opportunities. Or you could set up your own business as a turf consultant. The course requires you to complete three 100 hour modules and a workplace project. You will look at turf care, repair and renovation and also sports turf.
- This course is suitable for anyone working in the horticulture industry who deals with turf and would like to know more.
- Or, perhaps you work in the sports industry, such as golf course or football pitch maintenance, this will enable you to learn more about effective and efficient turf care.
- The course is studied by distance learning and you are supported throughout the course by our expert tutors.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
Course Duration: 500 hours.
Start Date: Start at any time - study at a pace that suits you, and with full tutor support for the duration of your studies.
Content: Study three Core Modules, and complete a 200 hour Workplace Project.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
You can start the course at any time.
It is studied by distance learning, so you can study in the comfort of your own home. But this doesn't mean you are all alone in your studies. Our highly qualified and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions at all, they are always happy to help.
Each lesson includes set tasks, and is completed with an assignment which the student submits to their course tutor. The tutor will mark the assignment and return this to the student with comments and suggestions for further reading.
HOW THE PROFICIENCY AWARD IS ASSESSED
The Proficiency Award In Turf Care And Management requires 500 hours of study. It is made up of three 100 hour modules and a workplace project.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the three 100 hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass three examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way. This includes evidence of work experience or other studies or workshops, a research project or completion of Workshop I.
- Our courses are written and taught by experienced professionals, so you know you can expect a high quality of teaching and support.
- You can start the course at any time and study at your own pace.
- Fit your studies around your own busy lifestyle - we provide full tutor support for all the time you are studying.
- Study where you want to - online studies offer the flexibility for you to determine where and when you study.
WHY THIS COURSE
The Proficiency Award is a great way to put together studies and practical experience.
Whether you are currently employed in the turf industry or not, a Proficiency Award is attainable:
- The practical side can be gathered through undertaking work experience or from experience you have already gained.
- The studies present a well rounded set of turf subjects and cover most of what you need to know to work with grass.
This course will appeal to those working in:
- Turf industry
- Green keeping
- Sports grounds
- Grounds maintenance
- Parks and recreational areas
- Garden maintenance and Lawn mowing
WHY DELAY? ENROL TODAY!
To ENROL, simply go to the enrolment box at the top right-hand side of this page.
If you have any QUESTIONS, please do get in touch with us - connect with our expert horticulture tutors, use our FREE COURSE COUNSELLING SERVICE - they will be pleased to assist you in making the right choice of course for you.