Be self sufficient - live naturally and specialise in growing mushrooms - full of flavour and highly nutritious.
- Learn about self sufficiency - living off the land, producing your own food.
- Learn about living a more natural and environmentally friendly lifestyle.
- Specialise in the cultivation and production of mushrooms.
- Our Proficiency Awards include Workplace Projects which give you the opportunity to put what you have learned into practice.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
The Proficiency Award in Self Sufficiency with a Specialism in Mushrooms is a 500 hour course comprising three Core Modules plus a Workplace Project.
This well structured course will take you through the aspects of becoming self sufficient, developing your knowledge and showing you how to live off your own produce. The module on Mushroom Production will expand your knowledge on what mushrooms are, how to grow them, harvest them and how they are sold. The Workplace Project gives you the opportunity to apply your knowledge in a practical capacity.
How the Proficiency Award is Assessed
The Proficiency Award requires 500 hours of study. It is made up of three 100-hour modules and a workplace project.
To pass the course –
- Pass all assignments on the three 100-hour modules. There will be an assignment at the end of each lesson to submit to your tutor for marking and feedback.
- Pass three examinations – one on each module. These are usually taken at the end of the module and can be arranged at a time and location to suit you.
- Complete a Workplace Project. The project should last around 200 hours. There are four options available to you to satisfy this requirement. Don’t worry if you are not sure at this stage, your tutor will be there to help you every step of the way. This includes evidence of work experience or other studies or workshops, a research project or completion of Workshop I.
Change your life today - start studying the Proficiency Award in Self Sufficiency with Specialism in Mushrooms. If you have any questions or want to find out more, please do get in touch with our specialist tutors using our FREE COURSE COUNSELLING SERVICE.
- Start your studies at any time.
- Study where and when you want to.
- Study around your existing work-life and commitments.
- We offer the options of studying online or by eLearning and as the course is self-paced there is no time limit on our tutor support, so it is up to you how long you take to complete your studies.