Higher Certificate Courses
A higher certificate is different to other certificates offered through ACS Distance Education in the following ways:
- It requires a greater academic effort on the part of the student.
- Students are tutored and assessed accordingly.
- Assignment work must follow technical writing guidelines explained through a short on line technical writing course which is undertaken at the beginning of the first module.
- Assignments and exams are marked on a different scale (ie: A+ to F-)
- Employers and other institutions will be able to assess the value of work undertaken in a higher certificate, and distinguish it as being of a higher standard than a normal vocational certificate.
- Warnborough University formally approves a higher certificate through ACS Distance Education, for 24 credit points, toward an appropriate degree.
- You may apply to undertake a higher certificate in any of the disciplines offered, by simply selecting six appropriate modules from those offered as higher academic modules.
- Your selection of modules must be interrelated (eg. Environmental, agriculture and horticulture modules could be combined for a biological sciences certificate).
- Applications will be reviewed and either accepted by the academic department, or a suggestion will be made for adjusting your selection in order to satisfy the school’s approval requirements.
- Study from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD