Design a Higher Certificate
How to Design a Higher Certificate
Please note that this course is no longer offered. Student seeking a higher qualification are encouraged to enrol in either a postgraduate certificate or diploma.
A higher certificate is different to other certificates offered through ACS Distance Education in the following ways:
- It requires a greater academic effort on the part of the student.
- Students are tutored and assessed accordingly.
- Assignment work must follow technical writing guidelines explained through a short on line technical writing course which is undertaken at the beginning of the first module.
- Assignments and exams are marked on a different scale (ie: A+ to F-)
- Employers and other institutions will be able to assess the value of work undertaken in a higher certificate, and distinguish it as being of a higher standard than a normal vocational certificate.
- Warnborough University formally approves a higher certificate through ACS Distance Education, for 24 credit points, toward an appropriate degree.
- You may apply to undertake a higher certificate in any of the disciplines offered, by simply selecting six appropriate modules from those offered as higher academic modules.
- Your selection of modules must be interrelated (eg. Environmental, agriculture and horticulture modules could be combined for a biological sciences certificate).
- Applications will be reviewed and either accepted by the academic department, or a suggestion will be made for adjusting your selection in order to satisfy the school’s approval requirements.
Our principal and academic staff have over the years written a large range of book and ebooks, many of which are are available through our school's online book store.
To visit the book store and browse some of these titles, click below:
More from ACS
Directory to dozens of courses include short courses, certificates and diplomas.
Short courses, certificates and diplomas -lots of home study options.
Over 150 short courses, certificates and diplomas covering landscaping, crops, plants of all types and general gardening.
Short courses, certificates and diplomas -dozens of study options.
Short courses, certificates and diplomas - dozens of unique study options