Life Coaching Careers Part 2
Can you make a living as a life coach?
A life coaching student asked me today whether it was possible to make a living as a life coach. Well, the answer is yes, but you have to be proactive and be willing to make an effort.
It is not enough to complete a course, set up a website, then sit back and wait for the clients to pour in. This is not likely to happen. A life coach is someone who wants to work with people, who wants to help people.
To become a life coach, the first step is to take a life coaching course. ACS Distance Education offer a range of courses, such as
Certificate in Life Coaching
Certificate in Business and Life Coaching
Associate Diploma in Life Coaching
Taking a course gives you a good grounding in the theory involved in life coaching. Our Life Coaching course also contains case studies that encourage you to understand how you would work with clients.
You need to get clients. As we said before, clients will not just suddenly appear on your door when you set up a website or blog. You also need to promote yourself.
How can you do that?
Setting up a website is a good first step, but you also need to tell people about your website and regularly update your website.
- Set up a blog on your website or a free blogging site, such as blogger.com and write regular blogs.
- Link your website and blog to social media and regularly post informative and interesting pieces that might help your potential clients.
- Network – you may also obtain clients through word of mouth, so tell your friends, your colleagues, your family. They might know someone who needs life coaching or even may want life coaching themselves.
- Leave leaflets in coffee shops, the local post office, the doctor’s surgery, the dentists and so on. Always ask permission first.
- Join local community groups, such as business groups, where you may be able to promote your life coaching work.
The more you tell people about your life coaching, the more likely you are to get clients.
If you would like to learn more about marketing, we also offer marketing courses such as Marketing Foundations which will give you ideas on how to market your life coaching business.
If you have any questions about our life coaching courses, then please contact us. Our Life Coaching tutors are happy to help and advise.
Stay in Touch. Follow us on:
More from ACS
Directory to dozens of home study options -short courses, certificates and diplomas.